Thursday 18 December 2008

The exchange.

The brief for the exchange was we had to film a small sequence of something being exchanged. This task had to done to look, feel and sound like a film noir. We were not allowed any diologue. Unlike the preliminary, for this one we had to complete pre-production work, such as, location finders, risk assessments, call sheets, plans of the location etc,

In my opinion the exchange went alot better than the preliminary for me. I felt alot more confident and comfortable with the camera and the filming itself. Us, as a group made fewer mistakes than my first group. There was a slight problem with match on action in this exercise, when Kamal is looking around at the top of the steps his eyeline does not meet with Laura's as she is walking around the bush. We decided to have two exchanges in our sequence which made more work. I think that we adhered to the rule of thirds and the 180 degree rule line. I think that our sequence flowed and was easy to follow. The music we chose suited the type of film we was aiming for. Our sequence had film noir qualities such as a femme fatale, the setting of a bar, the location we used in the alley way, the costume and the music. Over all in my opinion i believe that the exchange went very well for our group, we thought about all of the different rules and made sure that we had plenty of handles to help us when we got to editing. I am very pleased with our Exchange.

No comments: